- Ideal for kids between 22 months (with optional LowKit™) and 5 years old.
- High-tech, injection-molded composite frame doesn’t scratch, splinter, swell, or rust like wood or metal. (Frame is made of 30% glass fiber reinforced nylon composite)
- Flexible frame allows for shock-absorption and protection of your child’s spine. This is key because unlike a pedal bike where you can stand up on the pedals to go over large bumps there is nothing to stand on for a balance bike. Other balance bikes have rigid frames that channel the impact of the bumps to their rider’s back through the seat.
- Lifetime warranty on frame & fork; 5 year warranty on all other parts.
- Comfort, lightweight, and maneuverability ensure your child can travel long distances (even over rough terrain) without getting tired.
- No sharp edges, parts, or extruding screws.
- Steering limiter helps your young rider to ride smoother and helps to prevent rough falls. The handlebar does not fully rotate and helps to keep direction.
- Hand-controlled, rear drum SafetyStop™ brake ensures very gentle and gradual braking; the braking power can be adjusted. (Unlike the commonly used rear V-brake, this unique drum brake is also safe for little fingers).
- Having a brake allows kids to learn how to use a brake – an essential skill for bigger bikes.
- Safety grips keep little hands from slipping off.
- Special “horse saddle” shape provides for maximum comfort and stability and is designed for running.
- The shape of the seat ensures a child does not slip off when riding downhill (unlike common pedal bike saddles used on other balance bikes).
- Seat height is easily adjustable anytime, anywhere without tools.
- Optional LowKit™ allows kids to ride from an earlier age (starting from 22 months old).
- Sealed industrial wheel bearings; keep the wheels turning smoothly without replacement or service. (Prevents clogging by sand or gravel)
- Maximum weight load 35 kg.
- Reflective stickers for better visibility in low-light conditions.
- Minimum seat height: 31,5 cm (with LowKit™).
- Maximum seat height: 45,5 cm.
- Only 3.9 kg/8.6 lbs.
FirstBiKE in Action
FirstBIKE vs. Training Wheels
How to Assemble FirstBIKE