The Lazer and LifeBEAM cooperation is the first time wearable technology has been used in cycling helmets. The LifeBEAM application is the only device that can be placed in a cycling helmet to continuously measure the rider’s heart rate, no chest strap needed. This technology senses your body while you ride and gives you an accurate analysis of your performance, while protecting your head. Initially it was developed by LifeBEAM to monitor the vital signs of pilots and astronauts, but now you can have the same the same technology on your weekly rides.
Personal heart rate provides a window to an individual’s fitness and athletic ability. When you keep track of your heart rate during your exercise, you will be able to ensure the safety of your fitness program. Keeping your heart rate within a normal range ensures yourself that you are training in a safe and productive way. And nothing is easier than using the Lazer LifeBEAM combination to measure your heart rate, no chest strap needed.
The helmet seamlessly pairs to fitness devices and smartphones through ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 protocol and displays the rider’s real-time heart rate. The proprietary optical sensor and algorithm were developed, tested, and perfected in the aerospace industry under extreme conditions. As a result, LifeBEAM technology is completely motion resistant, so it can be used on any terrain, even the most intense MTB trails. The LifeBEAM device is also truly all-weather, performing well in any condition such as rain, humidity, and extreme hot and cold climates. Once you start using the helmet you can easily connect it with most fitness apps, fitness devices & mobile devices. All you have to do is put the helmet on your head and turn on the LifeBEAM unit at the back of the helmet. As soon as the sensor makes contact with the skin, the brain unit will send out your heart rate data to a connected device, displaying it in real-time.
HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT
Integration, ease of use and comfort
- No chest strap required! That means superior comfort on your ride!
- Optical heart-rate sensor that is seamlessly integrated into the helmet
- Connect wirelessly to any compatible smartphone, sports watch, or cycling computer via Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+
- All weather compatible
- hours of continuous use
- Sound and LED light user interface
- Sensors: Optical heart-rate sensor & 3-axis accelerometer
- Computer and Sensor Weight: 40g (0.08 Ibs)
- Max. readable heart rate: 220 BPM
- Min. readable heart rate: 30 BPM
- Operating temp: -5°C to 45°C (23°F to 113°F)
- Water Resistance: All weather compatibility
- Battery Type: Rechargeable 170mAh lithium polymer
- Battery Life: 15 working hours
- Communication modules: ANT+™ and Bluetooth low energy (BLE)